Monday, April 16, 2012

First ride of the season

Finally, Wayne National Forrest opened up for the season yesterday (Sunday). Today I took off work with a friend and we loaded up the bikes. After taking a year long hiatus from riding it was good to be back on the trail.  We road hard for about 3 hours and covered over 40 miles.  It was a great time.  I have never been on the trails this early in the season.  They where really smooth without many ruts from the quads. The weather called for rain, but it held off the whole time we were there. My bike is a Yamaha WR400F. Over the winter I put some new Michelin S12's on the bike and took apart the carburetor and cleaned it out. Those tires were awesome.  They gripped to everything and saved my hid more then once in a couple of situations where my old tires wouldn't of held to the track.

 Here is a picture of my bike after I got home and before I washed it.


I went on Saturday to get my permit to ride at Wayne.  The whole family went and while we were there the kids found the PW 50's.  They were in love.  Unfortunately they have a pretty hefty  price tag on them.  Looks like I will not be getting a pair of them for the kids.  Really, who would pay $1400 for something that they will outgrow in a year or two?  Hopefully I will be able to find something soon for them before they loose interest.  Anyone have a used one they want to get rid of?


They really want to get some bike or fourwheelers to ride at Pappy's.

3 comments:

Holly Rae said...

hah! those are to cute!

Anonymous said...

Do not, I repeat, do not get one for that tow headed boy. He fell in the creek. How long did it take him to do that?
But make any you do get big enough for Pappy to ride! Better yet, a two seater....

Anonymous said...

Gosh I love the pic of Emily & Ben on those bikes, but I shutter to think of consequences of that.