Tuesday, June 17, 2008

22 months old - June 16

Say hello to Hula Girl. Back in May this year Aunt Kristen, her friend Veronica and Grammy Gin had the opportunity to go to Hawaii for an all-girl vacation. While they were there they scoured all over for this outfit that would fit Emily so we had to use it for one of her monthly photo ops. She was not too keen about putting it on until Aunt Holly said "if you put this on we can go outside". I'm sure this picture will reappear around the time when Emily gets married.

Things truly do change in one days time. One day Emily speaks one word requests/statements and the next day she's speaks understandable phrases. It is enjoyable to communicate with her at this age.

Emily continues to bring lots of laughter into our household. A while ago she wanted to help wash dishes so I stood her on a kitchen chair and scooted it close to the sink thinking she would just play in the water as she had done in the past. I stepped away while Aunt Kristen was watching her and returned to see Emily actually using a wash cloth to scrub the dish. We also noticed that Emily had one shoe on while washing the dish and of course there was water all over her onesie. Oh, one wonders how long this joy of helping in the kitchen will last. Just a challenge to me to continue making it a fun thing to do as part of our family and teamwork.

I'll post more hula pictures that Holly took once I get those.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How did you keep from laughing long enough to take these pictures? Emily is probably going to kill someone for putting her in this outfit when she gets old enough. ;)

Sarah said...

HAHAHAHA - Emily will kill you someday for putting these on the internet!!!!