Thursday, August 16, 2007

1 Year

This time last year I was lying in a hospital bed for the first time in my life holding our precious daughter in my arms wondering what her future would be like. It's already been a year and it's so neat to watch her grow and form her own personality. She is like her Mommy is some regard because you can usually read her emotions just by the look on her face. Not only does she look like her Daddy, but she got his thrill of adventure and love for the outdoors. We are truly blessed!

(Thank you to Aunt Randa and Mommaw for her birthday outfit) Wha choo talkin' bout Gommy? Grammy Groff kept winking at Emily tonight and out of the blue she tried to start winking herself. I definitely missed the best pictures of the face, but here's one attempt.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

She's definitely growing up--her hair is laying down! I miss the spiked hair. It was so cute. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, EMILY! Laura Cloud

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday from Pappy Groff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry I had to work and could not be there.
Love you Sweetie

Holly Rae said...

Happy 1st Baby Rae
Sending SUPER hugs & kisses from your Aunt Holly in Montana!

Shelli said...

Just seemed like yesterday I found out you were expecting... I was in LAX (on our way home from Thailand) when Pastor announced it after talking to Lenda!
Such cute pictures!

The Humphrey's said...

Happy First Birthday! What beautiful pics.

Sarah said...

Wow how fast a year goes by! She's so beautiful!