Sunday, February 11, 2007

Simple Order



SONIC America's Drive-In has finally arrived!! After being teased by commercials for years they have finally built one in Whitehall. Today, after church Laura and I decided to drive over to the new location and get something for lunch. I ordered our food and shortly it came out but Laura’s Sonic Burger w/ NO Tomato was missing. The hopper (on roller skates) apologized for missing it, and asked us to press the button and order another one and it would be brought right out. The conversation with the girl taking the order went something like this (please keep in mind the car is off so there was no immediate background noise distractions).


Cashier: Welcome to Sonic, may I take your order?
Me: Yes, I would like a Sonic Burger with no Tomato.
Cashier: One Double Sonic Burger with everything.
Me: No, I want a regular Sonic Burger with no Tomato.
Cashier: Do you want fries of tots with that?
Me: No
Cashier: One Double Sonic Burger with cheese. Do you want fries of tots with that?
Me: I don’t want any other that, I want a Sonic burger without Tomato.
Cashier: What would you like to drink with that?
Me: Nothing, I already have a drink.
Cashier: Would you like fries of tots with that?
Me: No
Cashier: You have to get fries or tots to make it a combo meal.
Me: I don’t want a combo meal, just the Sonic Burger.
Cashier: Do you want a drink?
Me: NO!
Cashier: OK, so you want a Cheeseburger with no Tomato?
Me: No, I want a Sonic Burger with out Tomato!
Cashier: Would you prefer fries or tots with that?
Me: I don’t want either, I just want the sandwich!
Cashier: You have to get fries or tots to make it a value meal.
Me: But I don’t want a meal, we have already ordered but the other guy forgot to place and other for my wife’s Sonic Burger with NO TOMATO!
Cashier: So you would like a Cheese Burger with Ketchup?
Me: N-O I WOULD LIKE A SON-IC BURG-ER WITH OUT TO-MAT-O!!!!!
Cashier: Ok, one Double Sonic Burger with Tomato.
Me: NO! Just a regular Sonic Burger with out Tomatoes!!!
Cashier: One Sonic Burger with out Tomato?
Me: Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cashier: Would you like Ketchup and Mustard on that?
Me: Yes please.
Cashier: Your total will be .....


About 1 minute later, a guy skates up to the door and delivers us a Cheeseburger!

That was actually the short version. The longer had MANY more repeats in it.

God gives us all a gift! Its our jobs to find out what that gift is and use it. I don’t know what that girl's gift is but I can certainly tell you what it isn’t- Customer Service

Everyone's asking me (Laura) what burger I actually received and it was a Sonic Cheeseburger with no tomato which was very good by the way. Also, Charlie said as we drove away that the other 2 guys that served us were the most well-mannered waiters he's ever had.


2 comments:

Shelli said...

I'm still laughing...I thought it was a joke at first! Wish I would have heard it first hand!

Justin said...

Charlie, get a shake next time because they are GOOOOOOD. We have Sonics in FL and we love them. But I guess the people here can hear better then the one you want to.