Friday, January 26, 2007

Emily's First Trip to TX

Emily and I had the opportunity to go to Texas this past week to visit my two Aunts, one Uncle and also my Great Aunt. We were all packed for a warm week, but oddly enough they had about as cold of weather as Ohio did. We had a great time visiting, singing, laughing and playing Phase 10. This was Emily's first plane ride and we had no problems. She fell asleep on take off and landing and just smiled at every new face. I was surprised with the helpfulness of folks when they saw a mother with a lot to carry. One woman even asked as I was getting on the first plane where our seats were so she could help me carry things.
Here's a four generation picture with Emily's Great Great Aunt Lavelle. Lavelle is 91 years old.

Emily with her Great Aunts - Clara and Neva and Great Uncle Bob.



When we were leaving my Great Aunt Lavelle's we stopped by Buc-ees http://www.bucees.com/ to get a snack and check out what they are known for which is the most beautiful bathrooms in the whole state of Texas and maybe even the United States (Ginny Groff - I was told you would appreciate this fact). Emily fit snuggly in a wash bucket outside of Buc-ees.


Aunt Neva made these rocking chairs for Jack and Emily for Christmas.

Emily made connection with her feet while in Texas.


Here's Emily in her "robe" that one of Charlie's friends Mike Valentine and his fiance bought her. As you can see she love's it.


We were able to go to the Rain Forest Cafe before heading home to Ohio. Emily was enthralled with all the movement, lights and colors.




3 comments:

Holly Rae said...

Oh that last picture tickles my fancy! I'll make a fearless wildlife enthusiast out of her yet!

Anonymous said...

Great pics! You've got a keeper as my husband would say! Laura C.

Anonymous said...

I feel a road trip coming soon!
Pappy Goff