Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Emily's first babysitter

When Emily was a little over a month old and I went back to work we had the privilege of leaving her in the trusted hands of Patty Schmidjell. Patty was pregnant with her first child and graciously offered to watch Emily for a month. Emily got lots of attention and also had the chance to introduce herself to baby Schmidjell before she was even born. I don't know if it's the military child syndrome or mere good organizational skills, but every day when I arrived there after work Patty had Emily's "stats" all written down - what time she ate, how she ate, how many diapers she changed, etc. I loved it and it will definitely be something we put in Emily's baby book. Here's just a few pictures of Emily checking out her surroundings.










Here's a picture of Daddy and Tim Schmidjell changing Emily's diaper. The caption should read: How many men does it take to change a baby's diaper? They did such a good job.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What hard working fathers!

Sarah said...

I love this picture!!!! Too funny!

Holly Rae said...

My brother changes diapers? That's just weird. How come I could never get him to change my doll's diapers? Oh, I never had any. That's right.
Love ya'll & will see you over winter break! *muah*