I finally got to ride in a dual sport even before leaving Ohio. Nate and myself went out and rode in the "2012 Flint Ridge Dual Sport" ride. Its one of the most well layout rides in the country. The Licking County Trail Riders organization does a great job of setting it up. It consisted of 2 riding sections, 1 for the morning and 1 for the evening. They are close to 50 miles each, ALL though private land. It was a blast! I hope that I can go back and ride it next year. I will be using my other bike though. My DR650 was way to heavy for the type of terrain that I was riding. I laid it over 8 or 9 times because of the front wheel kicking out from under me (that's why I wear all the gear). Only thing I broke though was one rear turn signal. I was really happy about that.
Before the ride....
After the ride..... Only some minor scratches, and the broken rear turn signal.
There where a couple of GASGAS bikes next to us. They where powered by KTM engines and built race ready for the dual-sport world. They were 305cc
2-Strokes. Amazing power. These though only has about 17 miles on them. They were some really nice bikes. Very sought after.
Others at the event.....
No comments:
Post a Comment