"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen"- Ephesians 3:20-21
Saturday, January 23, 2010
Emily 3 years, 5 mo. - Jan. 16
Oh, having a three year old in the house just gets better every day. Along with the challenges, come some of the funniest things. I was able to tear Emily away from her mini trampoline that Charlie moved into the newly heated garage just long enough to take her monthly picture. Today she asked "Mommy may I have some white milk, you know the color of the potty and snow." Where's Bill Cosby when you need him? Speaking of the potty, (which we do a LOT around our house these days) Emily has decided she's ready to begin potty training. I had the idea of having "potty" day (Jan. 11) over at the Rolston's house since Sarah said Noah was in the midst of training as well. After a couple of 20 minute timer settings, I believe she saw how easy it was coupled with the competition of who could go faster, then it happened. I was tending to Benjamin in the doorway to the bathroom at the time and only caught a glimpse of her reaction, but Sarah said it was hilarious. Like the lightbulb went on and she's been doing well ever since. As of tonight, she's even ventured into the #2 side of potty training.
Testing out the bathtime gift from Aunt Holly.....tub crayons.
Charlie captured this shot for me while I was away from the house last week. Wondering what the green stuff is??? Somehow the zipper of one of our new couch cushions opened just enough for Emily to begin pulling out the stuffing bit by bit until she had created her own little cushion. She was quite content.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I laughed so hard when I saw the photo of her "nest." This girl cracks me up even when she's across the country.
The term 'nesting" comes to mind.
OH dear! The stuffing from the couch! That's hilarious, although I'm quite sure Charlie didn't think so at the time.
Post a Comment