Well, it's very hard to believe, but our little "burrito baby" as we called her is now 3 years old. She is such a blessing and we're so thankful the Lord has given us the privilege of caring for her. She has grown already into a lively, very curious little girl and we're excited to see what God has in store for her. Although we have no idea what she'd like to do in the future, if we heard right, this morning on our way to church we think she said "when I grow up I want to be an engineer".
As of Aug. 3 we finally were successful in ridding our house of all the fa-fas (pacifiers). Someone from Charlie's work sent him an idea involving a fa-fa fairy so we decided to try it. Quite a few months ago I had Emily decorate a box with paint and stickers and I wrote on it "for fa-fa fairy" and the plan was to box them up and actually mail them, however, knowing Emily I thought it would be best if she were to physically see them in someone else's hands. So, I asked one of our friends who recently had a baby if we could come over and pass on the fa-fa's to her new little one and see if this baby's Grandmother would agree to be the Fa-Fa Fairy. Emily played for a little while, and then reluctantly handed the Fairy (a.k.a. Mrs. Gayle) the box and watched her give the fa-fa's to the baby. Emily was a little upset at first, but was soon distracted when we told her we were taking her to a special playground as a reward for giving her fa-fa's to the baby. All in all I think this method worked well and even though we hear about the Fa-Fa Fairy every now and then, we are free of them, at least until baby boy Groff enters the world.
3 years
No comments:
Post a Comment