Tuesday, June 16, 2009

34 months old - June 16

Yes, very soon I will be out of the months old stage and enter into years. Emily will be 3 this August and I can't believe how the time has flown.

I know they say kids say the darndest things, but you never really understand that statement until you have a toddler around your house. She constantly brings laughter to our house with the things she says and does. For example, one day she was sitting in her car seat preparing to go somewhere and she says "Mommy, I'm worried about you". She never said why she was worried, but the fact that she had that thought made me giggle. Then the other day we were talking about the baby in Mommy's tummy and she said "Mommy, I love you and I love the baby in your tummy". We've been emphasizing what a big helper she's going to be for Mommy so hopefully that sticks.

This year Emily was in the class I co-taught for Vacation Bible School. I was a little concerned how she would do with me as one of her teachers, but I think she did great. She had a blast until story time on the first and second day when Miss Sarah and I brought out the puppet. Emily and another little boy were scared to tears of this puppet. Consequently the puppet was put out of sight the rest of the week.


Daddy and Emily relaxing by the new sandbox. For those with potential ant problems in your sandbox, I read recently that a good home remedy is to sprinkle 1 or 2 cups of dry grits down.

No comments: