Wednesday, November 19, 2008

27 months old - Nov. 16

I am consistently amazed how such a pensive person could be wrapped up inside a little 2 year old's body. The things that come into Emily's mind and then out of her mouth sound very much like a child at times of course, but then can also sound so adult at times too. Emily and I were eating lunch one day and during a quiet moment I could tell she was thinking about something. She swallowed a bite of her peanut butter sandwich, folded her arms and said "how's yo day?" and waited until I responded. It didn't occur to me until later in the week that she picked that up from my daily question to Charlie as we sit around the dinner table.

Another humorous story....I recently started talking to Emily about having a "happy heart" during her grumpy or whiney moments since it worked so well with her cousin Jack. This past Sunday she was having a grumpy moment while getting ready for church. We proceeded downstairs for breakfast and I said we needed to find her "happy heart" and have a good attitude. I then bagged some Lucky Charms cereal for a little extra snack during the ride to church. Our ride was the normal Sunday drive listening to her favorite CD of Children's Hymns and chatting about who we were going to see at church. Then a pause in conversation.... Emily squeals with delight and says "Mommy, I found my happy heart" and proceeds to hold up one of the pink marshmellow hearts from her Lucky Charms cereal bag. Oh, what a great laugh we all had.

Since the weather is cold enough to freeze your nose hairs, we're back inside for picture time. I was told a certain blondy from Pennsylvania wore this nurse scrub outfit quite often as a child. Emily thanks you for passing it down.


No comments: