This month 2 of Emily's 3 Aunts have moved into our home so now she includes their names along with the entire family list when asking where everyone is in the morning. It's neat to see how she pronounces everyone's name. I need to get her to say the names on video because print just doesn't do it justice. My parents are called "Mammo" and "Poppaw", Charlie's parents are called "Mi Mi" and "Pappy", Cousin Jack is "Ja", Uncle Mark is actually Mark, Aunt Randa is "Ra Ra" which I thought would be an easier name to pronounce since Emily recently acquired a stuffed Panda from Mammo and Poppaw's house and I keep repeating Panda sounds like Randa. Kristen is "Kicken" which used to sound like chicken. She hasn't repeated Holly's name enough yet since she just arrived, but I'm sure her name will have some unique sound to it. Charlie's Grandmother "Gommy" is "Gammy". Soon-to-be Uncle Jose is "Augie" - I have no idea where that came from. Soon-to-be Cousins Cameron and Bub sound pretty close to their actual names.
I believe Emily's favorite foods this month are cherries and cheesy goldfish crackers. Charlie brought cherries home from a work thing and she asks for them pretty much any time she sees me open the frig. The cheesy goldfish were introduced while on one of our walks in the park with some friends from church and their kids. One little boy, Landon, who is very close to Emily's age, decided that he would like to swap his goldfish for some pretzels. It was so cute to see them negotiate with each other before the swap even while the Mommy's were moving them in the strollers at a brisk pace.
Our exciting outing this month was to see Go Diego, Go Live! with Mammo at the Palace Theatre downtown Columbus. We had absolutely perfect seats in the balcony just behind the railing. Emily had ample space to walk around if she wanted and we were high enough so we could see everything. She was tuned in for the first 45 minutes and then faded a little for the last half after the intermission. We had a lot of fun. Thank you Mammo!!
No comments:
Post a Comment