Today was a great day to be outdoors. The temperature was almost 70 around lunch. Laura was going to take Emily and meet a friend from the church so I decided to go hiking. I went to one of the local parks. I hiked a little over 4 miles on some of the trails that they have. While I was there I was able to go over to the wildlife viewing area and add another bird to my life list, a Double-crested Cormorant. There was also a ton of turtles on the water. Everywhere there was a log or rock sticking out of the water there was a turtle on it.
Also while there I was all but decapitated by a curious Red-tail Hawk (pictured below). As I was walking down this one path, as far way from the tail head as I could get, I heard a loud swooping in the wind. As I turned to see what it was the hawk was zooming by at ear level with his wings about 1 ½ feet from my head. He was quickly turning in flight and climbing to sit on the closest tree limb. The American Robins were also everywhere.

Also, when I got home I noticed that since yesterday evening the Maple tree out back has started to bud.
No comments:
Post a Comment